Sanddy Gunawan has been in practice since 2009. Prior to joining the firm, he worked as an associate at another reputable law firm in Jakarta. He graduated in 2009 from the Faculty of Law, Parahyangan Catholic University. At T&P, he has been intensively involved in mining and energy, project and natural resources, merger and acquisition, banking and finance, general corporate, foreign and domestic capital investments and capital markets.
Illustrative Professional Experience
- Represented both PT Bank Mandiri (Persero) Tbk as the lender and PT Fast Food Indonesia Tbk as the borrower in the preparation of and providing legal review to the credit facility agreement related to the provision of a term loan revolving (uncommitted) of up to ±IDR350 billion.
- Represented PT Bank Mandiri (Persero) Tbk as the lender in connection with the provision of a loan to PT Telekomunikasi Indonesia (Persero) Tbk and its
subsidiaries as joint borrower with a total committed and a non-revolving credit facility of up to IDR5.113 trillion.
- Represented both PT Wijaya Karya (Persero) Tbk as the borrower and Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, Ltd. as the lender and the Mandated Lead Arranger & Bookrunner related to the provision of a loan for the construction of Toll Roads in Soreang – Pasir Koja and Samarinda – Balikpapan with a revolving credit facility of up to ±IDR5 trillion.
- Represented several Indonesian companies (Lippo Group) as the sellers in relation to land acquisition of their lands by Toyota Tsusho Corporation, located in Cikarang, Bekasi for the establishment of residential towers development.
- Represented an Indonesian investor who indirectly purchased up to 40% shares of the Jakarta Women & Children’s Clinic and Rumah Sakit Ibu dan Anak Asih.
- Represented both PT Binasawit Abadipratama (one of the subsidiaries of PT Sinar Mas Agro Resources and Technology Tbk) as the borrower (“BAP”) and PT Bank Mandiri (Persero) Tbk and PT Bank Rakyat Indonesia (Persero) Tbk as the creditors club deal (“Creditors”) in the preparation of and providing legal review to the facility agreement including the Indonesian security documents related to the provision of a loan by the Creditors to BAP of maximum US$450 million including forex line and treasury line in the amount of US$100 million.
- Represented PT Karyadibya Mahardhika and PT Surya Mustika Nusantara, both being the sister companies of PT Gudang Garam Tbk in the acquisition of all their shares by a Japanese Tobacco company namely Japan Tobacco Inc.
- Represented Indonesian Payment System Association (Asosiasi Sistem Pembayaran Indonesia or ASPI), PT Artajasa Pembayaran Elektronis, PT Rintis Sejahtera and PT Alto Network in providing a legal assessment related to the implementation of microchip technology in card payments (chip-based ATM/debit cards standards) in Indonesia.
- Represented SBI Holdings Inc. in its investment into PT Amartha Mikro Fintek, an OJK licensed Fintech Company providing peer to peer lending focused on micro businesses.
- Represented various venture capital firms in their proposed investments in several Indonesian start-up companies or small/medium enterprises in various industries such as amongst others financial technology, goods marketplace and cloud kitchen.
- Represented a private equity firm in its minority equity investment of up to IDR411 billion (±US$28 million) in the Hermina Hospital group through the subscription of exchangeable notes issued by PT Medikaloka Hermina.
- Represented an Indonesian company in relation to the land acquisition located in Jakarta Barat by a Chinese state-owned company in the amount of IDR1.240 trillion.
- Represented PT Smartfren Telecom Tbk in connection with the provision of telecommunication network services to PT Bakrie Telecom Tbk.
- Represented PT Tiga Pilar Sejahtera Food Tbk, a leading Indonesian public listed company carrying on business in the food and rice industry, in its Sukuk Ijarah issuance amounting to IDR1.2 trillion, which were underwritten by PT Maybank Kim Eng Securities, PT Mandiri Sekuritas, PT OCBC Sekuritas Indonesia, PT Danareksa Sekuritas and PT Indo Premier Securities.
- Represented PT Bank Mandiri (Persero) Tbk as the Creditor and Agent, as well as PT Semen Padang as the Debtor in the Syndicated Loan Agreement in the amount of IDR1.950 trillion (equivalent to ±US$160 million) for the financing of Indarung VI cement plant with a total project investment amount of approximately IDR 4 trillion (equivalent to ±US$330 million).
- Represented PT Aneka Tambang (Persero) Tbk (ANTM) in its rights issue with an offering size up to 43% of its issued and paid up capital after the rights issue and international offering outside the United States (a.o. Hong Kong, Malaysia, Australia, Europe) in reliance on Regulation S.
- Represented the selling shareholders in the divestment of their shares in PT Pakoakuina (a wheel manufacturing Indonesian limited liability company – one of the subsidiary company of Triputra Group), to PT Astra Otoparts Tbk.
- Represented PT J Resources Nusantara and its subsidiaries in relation to US$275 million Syndication Secured Facilities provided by Indonesia EximBank, PT Bank ICBC Indonesia, PT Bank Permata Tbk, PT Bank QNB Kesawan Tbk and Qatar National Bank S.A.Q.
- Represented PT Wijaya Karya Beton, Tbk (an Indonesian concrete production company) in its intended initial public offering in Indonesia, with an offering size up to 23,47% of its issued and paid up capital and international offering outside the United States (Hongkong, Malaysia, Singapore) in reliance on Regulation S, however the Shares have not been and will not be registered under the US Securities Act, except pursuant to an exemption from, or in a transaction not subjected to the registration requirements of the US Securities Act.
- Represented a bio-tech start-up company in respect to the establishment of a strategic business partnership with its customers who either engage in the health service business, have a related supporting laboratory and/or have the intention to participate in their healthcare provider panel program.
PERADI (Association of Indonesian Advocates)
- Bahasa Indonesia
Stay updated with the latest news and other information. Sign up today!
Jl. Gandaria Tengah III/8 Kebayoran Baru Jakarta 12130 Indonesia
T: +62 21 722 7736, 722 7737
+62 21 720 8172, 720 2516
F: +62 21 724 4579, 725 7403
Copyright © 2021 Tumbuan & Partners